muse kicked off their eu tour in spain a couple days ago. they went nuts with their stage. there’s a spaceship! check out baked dom! hahahaha!!!! and the thing moves! and fear the legions of dancing robots! and bilbao got the first ever live hoodoo: matt on piano, chris on guitar and morgan came out from behind the synthesizers to play bass.
i know all of you care so much.
in other news that none of you give a shit about, the first pictures for the golden compass have surfaced. marisa coulter is supposed to have dark locks! i’d always imagined her with rich red curls, but i might’ve just confused that with her daemon (a monkey with red fur), since everyone produced quotes from the book about her “sleek black hair.” in a bob. which i also can’t really imagine. =O oh well. anyway, she’s got really lovely coats. that i want. and we’ve seen a headshot of roger, but still no pictures of lyra!! though there’s a glimpse of who is reportedly her body double among these pictures of the gyptian boats. and eva green is playing serafina pekkala and we have a bond playing lord asriel, which seems appropriate.
in news that all of you should care about, magnetic north has released its first video and here is the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsafOstm6H4
see pictures from the shoot here: http://picasaweb.google.com/directdk/DriftAwayMusicVideoProductionPhotos (i shouldn’t slouch so much or i could be an asian pop star)
miguel is also working on a new website for them. flash flashy flash http://www.magnetichiphop.com
i can now play map of your head very badly and at a quarter of the speed and i can’t even use a pick for it yet (listen to the song at my vox thing for it is very sweet. and this is streamed so hopefully it does not offend j’s legal sensibilities). also i think they use two guitars for the recording, but i’m not sure. i have also completely forgotten how to play least complicated but i will work on it.
tagged by lemmingsolution!
1. tonight i had chocolate cake for dinner
2. i like lotr because the characters are everything at the same time while simultaneously being really only one thing. take aragorn: we are introduced to him as shady character strider, but obviously he’s a king, the best of all men. he’s humbler than boromir but really more proud and enjoys verbally owning him without boromir even realizing it. gandalf’s always muttering about how unsure he is under his breath and how the road is dark before him but come on, he fuckin’ comes back from the dead and can do no wrong, and even when men mistrust him you know it’s because those men are noobs. eowyn is cold and proud but goes all fangirly over aragorn the second she meets him. all hobbits are frail and valiant. these characters are obviously simple, because the whole point of the story is “good vs. evil,” but there’s a nice “sometimes, they have doubts!” sheen placed over the whole thing to make it interesting to read. contradictions within contradictions. the more contradictory something is, the more i like it. which is why i’m dating someone i have no common interests with and whose entire philosophy of life is dialectical to mine.
3. i’m getting fat which means my boobs are getting bigger, unless my bras have shrunk in the wash. this is annoying because they’re different sizes, so one of my favorite bras is basically unwearable now because it creases the flesh at the top of my left boob to the point where you can see it through my shirt, which is pretty unattractive, but is still actually too big for my right boob (they’re vastly different sizes). being a girl is pretty annoying
4. speaking of being annoyed at getting born a female, i boasted that i was a singer on the official boards in the tribute act thread (which is awesome and fills me with joy and fuck all of you who think it’s stupid and are ashamed of being my friend), and when i downloaded their instrumental of stockholm (which is actually really good) and recorded myself over it i found that i don’t have a rock voice. you’d think this ought to have been obvious, but i don’t listen to myself very often and there go all my dreams. srsly. i used to think i had a good voice but it’s shit. it’s thin and boring and has no personality and i can’t sing any rhythms that aren’t exaclty on beat; even though i’m well aware i can sing better than some i’ll never be a rock star and this actually makes me physically angry. i should try to figure out what it’s good for. people have told me it’s good for disney musicals, but that’s no longer a lucrative venture. i hate singing
5. in the last week i got sick, got better, and got sick again. i not only gargle with salt water, i put salt water in my mouth and put my head upside down in the sink and make it come out of my nose. i do this because i saw a singer do it on letterman once (she said her grandma taught her that, and then he asked her for a demonstration. she laughed it off until he had someone bring out a mug of warm water and a basin, and she was like “oh what the hell” and actually did it in front of the studio audience. i can’t remember who it was but she was famous and older. i want to say carol burnett or something). also because it is cheaper than having to buy a nose pot. it doesn’t actually help anything for more than 10 minutes because i really do have incessant congestion and it kinda hurts, but it’s fun and it makes me feel better because at least i’m doing something about it instead of writing about how much i hate my sinuses in my livejournal.
6. i know if i tagged people they wouldn’t do it because they’re negative nancies who are too good for this shit, and i can’t face the pain of rejection, so fuck the rules
I love that they use stuffed animals to approximate the daemons in some shots. Another secret use of **bum ba da DUMMM** MUSEUM CURATION!!!
Also, judy, you are not fat and you sing super awesome.